Sunday, April 1, 2012

Your Job Description

He chose his servant David, calling him from the sheep pens. He took David from tending the ewes and lambs and made him the shepherd of Jacob's descendants – God's own people, Israel. He cared for them with a true heart and led them with skillful hands. Psalm 78: 70-72 NLT

God needed a shepherd for his people....so God chose a shepherd. Literally. That is what David was – a shepherd.

Talk about a great job description and fit!

God needed someone to care for God's people. God needed someone who had a true heart for the people and would lead them skillfully. Why not a shepherd? It was a natural match.

What is God calling you to do with your life? Perhaps, if you look carefully at your own life, you will see that what you are naturally, the skills you learned early on, are what God needs now. How can you respond to God's call?

God, help me to see where you are calling me in my life. Help me to accept my own talents and skills that I already have and know where to put them for your use. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment