Friday, May 4, 2012


Now restore us again, O God of our salvation. Put aside your anger against us once more. Will you be angry with us always? Will you prolong your wrath to all generations? Won't you revive us again, so your people can rejoice in you? Show us your unfailing love, O Lord, and grant us your salvation. Psalm 85: 4-7 NLT

Do we need revival in order to rejoice?

I know that if I am depressed or tired, I find it hard to celebrate. I am so busy being consumed by my own physical and mental state that I can't seem to get beyond it.

Yet, there have been some times when God has shaken me out of my almost “pity-me party” so that I am snapped out of my sadness or weariness and can then give God praise and glory. I suppose it is not revival as much as learning to look outwards rather than inwards.

I admire those people who are under so much suffering from poverty to physical ailments to loss of loved ones and yet can still praise God. And they do it in such a way that is not an act. They genuinely love and praise the Lord. They are happy in God's salvation rather than in their own earthly state.

Maybe I have too much on me – both busy work and stuff – that I am too focused on me.

God, help us to rejoice in you even when we have not be revived. May we see beyond ourselves and recognize your saving grace that triumphs all other happenings in our lives. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment