Saturday, May 5, 2012


I listen carefully to what God the Lord is saying, for he speaks peace to his faithful people. But let them not return to their foolish ways. Surely his salvation is near to those who fear him, so our land will be filled with his glory. Psalm 85: 8-9 NLT

Are you listening carefully to what God is saying? I don't think I listen enough to take God's words to heart. And neither do others.

I remember one time I preached a sermon about loving others. One church member said that my words really spoke to what was going on in their lives. I was so excited for them! Then they cornered another member of the church right after this and fussed at them in anger. Loving others? They may have listened but they didn't hear.

Have you ever heard what God was saying to you then turned around and did just the opposite? How many times have you heard God but never listened?

God, help me to listen carefully to what you are saying. May I not return to my foolish ways. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment