Thursday, May 24, 2012

So be it!


Lord, where is your unfailing love? You promised it to David as a faithful pledge. Consider, Lord, how your servants are disgraced! I carry in my heart the insults of so many people. Your enemies have mocked me, O Lord; they mock your anointed king wherever he goes. Praise the Lord forever! Amen and amen! Psalm 89:49-52 NLT

In reading these verses, I can almost hear God throwing these words back to the psalmist and back to us. Listen to what God would say:

(Your name), where is your unfailing love? You promised it to me as a faithful pledge. Consider, (Your name), how your God is disgraced! I carry in my heart the insults of so many people. My enemies have mocked me, (Your name); they mock your God wherever you go.

So, where is your unfailing love? Who or what do you truly care for? What promises to God have you broken? How have you disgraced God? Insulted God? Mocked God or not spoken up when others have mocked God?

God wants us to praise and give God the glory. God wants us to be able to say, “So be it, so be it!” Yet, we fall short of what God wants for us.

God, help me to show you my unfailing love. May I keep my promises to you and not disgrace your holy name. So be it!

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment