Monday, May 28, 2012

You alone are my refuge

Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God, and I trust him. For he will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Psalm 91: 1-4 NLT

There is a sign outside one of our local fire stations that says: Safe Place. Apparently, it is somewhere that abused spouses and children can go in times of need.

This psalm reminds us that God is a safe place for us. God alone is our refuge. God alone is our place of safety. We can trust God. God will rescue us from every trap and protect us from deadly disease. God will cover us with feathers and shelter us in his wings. God's promises are like our armor and protection.

I suppose in a way that sounds like we become invincible when we believe in God. But I think it has more to do with how we feel and how we react when things happen to us. If God is our protection and our refuge, we are not afraid. We depend on God rather than on ourselves or science. We can accept what happens to us because God is with us.

God, you alone are my refuge, my place of safety; you are my God, and I trust you. For you will rescue me from every trap and protect me from deadly disease. You will cover me with your feathers. You will shelter me with your wings. Your faithful promises are my armor and protection. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment