Thursday, July 26, 2012

God takes pleasure


May the glory of the Lord continue forever! The Lord takes pleasure in all he has made! The earth trembles at his glance; the mountains smoke at his touch. I will sing to the Lord as long as I live. I will praise my God to my last breath! May all my thoughts be pleasing to him, for I rejoice in the Lord. Let all sinners vanish from the face of the earth; let the wicked disappear forever. Let all that I am praise the Lord. Praise the Lord! Psalm 104: 31-35 NLT

God takes pleasure in all he has made.

Interesting that God isn't looking for perfection in all he has made. God isn't wanting to start over with all he has made. God doesn't dismiss all he has made, either. God takes pleasure in God's creation.

I need to be more like that in what I have created. When I create something – a painting, a scrapbook page, or a devotional – I am always looking for weaknesses or feeling like I was just short of the perfect color or words. In cooking a meal, I have a hard time accepting compliments because I can see all the short comings of the repast. Yet, if my example is God, then I should simply take pleasure in it. Not be proud of it but simply enjoy it.

May you enjoy what you create today – whether a word document, a relationship or a meal.

God, you take pleasure in all you have made. Help me to do the same. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment