Saturday, July 14, 2012

Lord, hear my prayer!


Lord, hear my prayer! Listen to my plea. Don't turn away from me in my time of distress. Bend down to listen, and answer me quickly when I call to you. For my days disappear like smoke, and my bones burn like red-hot coals. My heart is sick, withered like grass, and I have lost my appetite. Because of my groaning, I am reduced to skin and bones. I am like an owl in the desert, like a little owl in a far-off wilderness. I lie awake, lonely as a solitary bird on the roof. My enemies taunt me day after day. They mock and curse me. I eat ashes for food. My tears run down into my drink because of you anger and wrath. For you have picked me up and thrown me out. My life passes as swiftly as the evening shadows. I am withering away like grass. Psalm 102: 1- 11 NLT

God, I need you to hear and to answer my prayer. Please answer quickly! Why so fast? Because I am going to die soon if you don't. I am not eating and have lost a lot of weight. I am being taunted by my enemies. And this is all your fault. You are angry at me and have caused all these bad things to happen. Please hurry with your answer because it won't be long before I am no more.

Ever feel like God needs to answer your prayer now? You can't wait and you have a dozen reasons why. Will God hear you? Will God answer soon?

Lord, hear my prayer! Listen to my plea. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment