Wednesday, August 22, 2012

God's Promises


Now rescue your beloved people. Answer and save us by your power. God has promised this by his holiness: “I will divide up Shechem with joy. I will measure out the valley of Succoth. Gilead is mine,and Manasseh too. Ephraim, my helmet, will produce my warriors, and Judah, my scepter, will produce my kings. But Moab, my washbasin, will become my servant, and I will wipe my feet on Edom and shout in triumph over Philistia.” Psalm 108: 6-9 NLT

What promises has God made to you?

I guess I can be sure of God’s mercy and the gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ. I know that God loves me. I know God wants to bless me and wants the best for me -- but are those promises? 

I guess often I assume that God guarantees a smooth and worry-free life. But I don’t seem to read that in scripture. God promises gifts of the spirit, God promises that God will never leave me or forsake me. God promises to do more than I can even imagine. 

But a problem-free life is not among them. 

God, we are often asking for rescue, for saving in our lives. But you have other promises you give to us. Help us to see what you have actually promised and praise you for those things, not for the things we think we deserve. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment