Friday, August 17, 2012

Lord help: the fool


Some were fools; they rebelled and suffered for their sins. They couln’dt stand the thought of food, and they were knocking on death’s door. “Lord, help!” they cried in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent out his word and healed them, snatching them from the door of death. Let them praise the Lord for his great love and for the wonderful things he has done for them. Let them offer sacrifices of thanksgiving and sing joyfully about his glorious acts. Psalm 107: 17-22 NLT

I may not personally know a homeless person or a person in prison but I know plenty of fools. 

How about you? 

I myself could be considered a fool from time to time. I admit I have done foolish things in my life. I have rebelled. I suffered from the things I did, the choices I made.  Even as much as I love to eat, there have been times in my life when the thought of food made me ill. I don’t know how close to death I came -- perhaps close than I think.

In any case, I have been a fool and I know some fools as well. 

But even fools can cry to God. 

And God will hear the cries of even the biggest fool you know: yourself.

Lord, help! Please hear my cry when I am in trouble. Rescue me from my distress. Then I will praise you for your great love and all the things you have done for me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment