Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Lord, you have done it!


Let them see that this is your doing, that you yourself have done it, Lord. Then let them curse me if they like, but you will bless me! When they attack me, they will be disgraced! But I, your servant, will go right on rejoicing! Psalm 109: 28 NLT

Let them see that this is your doing, that you yourself have done it, Lord. 

This past week, my church went to the local elementary school and served the staff a meal. We also are praying for all the staff in our church each week. I suppose it would be easy to pat ourselves on the back and say how good we are.

Yet, we would not have been there without God. If God had not put it on the hearts of our prayer team and had God not provided the food, school supply donations and willing workers, this would never have happened. 

Our church needs to pray that it becomes more and more evident that all this is God’s doing, not our doing. 

Let others see that what you are doing in my life is your doing, not mine. Even when others doubt, may I continue to rejoice. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment