Thursday, August 30, 2012

Thanks and praise


May my accusers be clothed with disgrace; may their humiliation cover them like a cloak. But I will give repeated thanks to the Lord, praising him to everyone. For he stands beside the needy, ready to save them from those who condemn them. Psalm 109: 29-31 NLT

I am not sure about wishing my accusers to be clothed in humiliation and disgrace. I am sure about giving repeated thanks to God. I need to be praising him to everyone. 

Yet, when I look at my own behavior I find myself doing a lot of criticism and complaints against other people. I find the worst things and harp on them. I fuss because my life is not as good as it could be.

I should be praising God instead! I should be giving thanks to God for all I do have. I should be giving thanks instead of criticizing. 

Let’s give God thanks and praise all day today!

God, I will give repeated thanks to you, praising you to everyone. For you stand by the needy and and are ready to save them. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment