Wednesday, September 26, 2012

What can mere people do to me?


In my distress I prayed to the Lord, and the Lord answered me and set me free. The Lord is for me, so I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me? Yes, the Lord is for me; he will help me. I will look in triumph at those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in people. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in princes. Psalm 118: 5-9 NLT

These verses address the sovereignty of God verses the limitations of people. 

Who can we go to when we are in distress? We pray to God and he will answer us, setting us from from our anxiety. 

Whose presence with you do you need to feel no fear? God’s presence.

What can mortals do to you compared with what God can do to you? So, whom should you really fear?

It is better to trust in God, take refuge in God than to trust other people or even government leaders (those sworn in to protect the people). 

Who is better -- other people or God? 

Take sometime today to think about those in your life that you can trust. Then compare that with how much more you can trust God.

God, you are for me, I shall have no fear. What can mere people do to me? You are for me and you help me. It is much better to take refuge in you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment