Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Lord, you are mine!


Lord, you are mine! I promise to obey your words! With all my heart I want your blessings. Be merciful as you promised. I pondered the direction of my life, and I turned to follow your laws. I will hurry, without delay, to obey your commands. Evil people try to drag me into sin, but I am firmly anchored to your instructions. I rise at midnight to thank you for your just regulations. I am a friend to anyone who fears you -- anyone who obeys your commandments. O Lord, your unfailing love fills the earth; teach me your decrees. Psalm 119: 57-64 NLT

The psalmist is becoming more passionate in their beliefs! Lord you are mine! I promise to obey your words! I want your blessings with all my heart. 

The psalmist has been through a rough time and realizes that turning and quickly obeying God is worth everything. Now they are firmly anchored in God, not even evil people can pull them away. They even get up in the middle of the the night just to thank God for God’s promises.

How much to you really want God in your life? With all your heart? Are you sure you aren’t saving just a bit of your heart for something else? 

I am often conflicted by my dreams and desires when it comes to my walk with God. Are these God-given or are they simply Amelia’s wishes? I suppose that is one reason I write these devotionals -- I can write (which is one of my desires) but also write about God’s word and share my thoughts in order to help others on their journey. Not that I am perfect -- sometimes these devotionals seem something I “ought to do” rather than a gift given up to the glory of God. 

What about you?

Lord, you are mine! I promise to obey your words! With all my heart I want your blessings. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment