Sunday, October 7, 2012

Love and Salvation for You


Lord, give me your unfailing love, the salvation that you promised me. Then I can answer those who taunt me, for I trust in your word. Do not snatch your word of truth from me, for your regulations are my only hope. I will keep on obeying our instructions forever and ever. I will walk in freedom, for I have devoted myself to your commandments. I will speak to kings about your laws, and I will not be ashamed. How I delight in your commands! How I love them! I honor and love your commands. I meditate on your decrees. Psalm 119: 41-48 NLT

If God gives you God’s unfailing love and salvation, you will be able to answer anyone who taunts you for following God. Your hope will be in God’s commands rather than what the world commands. You will walk in freedom, you will be able to speak to those in power and authority about your faith and you will be filled with joy. 

Have you really accepted God’s love and salvation? I think some of those who regularly attend church have not yet accepted God’s love and salvation. Perhaps they have been regular members or attenders for so long, everyone else just assumes they are believers. I think that is also why some people resist evangelism. They are not sure they get it all themselves and, without that assurance, they cannot fathom how they could ever share the gospel. 

The wonderful part is that God’s love and salvation are always offered to us. For free. We just have to say, “Yes!”

God, I accept your offer of love and salvation. In Jesus’ name.  Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment