Monday, November 5, 2012

Persecuted but not Defeated


From my earliest youth my enemies have persecuted me. Let all Israel repeat this: from my earliest youth my enemies have persecuted me, but they have never defeated me. Psalm 129: 1-2 NLT

I have been persecuted but not defeated!

I really like that! Sometimes, as a female clergyperson, I am persecuted for responding to God’s call on my life. I know that I will always have to endure snide remarks, being ignored or put down, or even made to feel ashamed. 

But I will never be defeated because the call on my life comes from God, not from human beings. Human beings can persecute me all they like but I will always stand firm in God’s call. 

How are you persecuted? How has God kept you from being defeated?

From my earliest youth my enemies have persecuted me. Let me repeat this: from my earliest youth my enemies have persecuted me, but they have never defeated me. Thank you, God! In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment