Saturday, November 10, 2012

Suffering


Lord, remember David and all that he suffered. He made a solemn promise to the Lord. He vowed to the Mighty One of Israel, “I will not go home; I will not let myself rest. I will not let my eyes sleep nor close my eyelids in slumber until I find a place to build a house for the Lord, a sanctuary for the Mighty One of Israel.” Psalm 132: 1-5 NLT

Somehow, the picture I have of David, even before he was king, is not one of suffering. Sure, he fought the biggest Philistine. Sure, his king tried to kill him. Sure, he went and recruited a rebel force in the wilderness. And sure, he had to fight for his throne most of his reign. But did he suffer? I guess when his son Absalom was killed. That is not how I think of him, though. I think of David as a man who had difficulties but also a great trust in God. And he ended up a great King. 

In looking back on your life have you suffered? Are you suffering now? 

I suppose most of us can point to at least one time in our lives when we suffered. Some of us more times than others. 

Do you think others would look at you and your life and see you as someone who has suffered? 

God, thank you for getting me through all the suffering and rough times of my life. I know that you are my God and you will continue to get me through such times. In Jesus’  name. Amen.

Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment