Thursday, April 7, 2011

Four Things to Remember

I will thank you, Lord, with all my heart; I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High. Psalm 9: 1-2 NLT

Four things for us to remember this day:

1) Thank God with all your heart. This means not just a few words spoken over the dinner table. This means really thanking God with all you are and with all you have. Let your thanks pour out as you verbally list everything you are thankful for. Begin with what comes to mind and continue to thank God until you can't think of something else for which to be thankful.

2) Tell of all the marvelous things God has done in your life and in the lives of those around you. There is never a more powerful testimony than your own story. What has God done in your life lately? A few years ago? Growing up? What have you seen God doing in the lives of your loved ones? What a powerful witness this will be!

3) Be filled with joy. Not just happiness, but joy. If you begin with thankfulness and then move to testifying, all God has blessed you with will be in your heart and your mind. Joy will naturally follow. You won't have to pretend or fake that kind of joy.

4) Sing praises to God's name. Thankfulness, witnessing, being joyful.. what is left but just to praise God?

God, I thank you with all my heart. I will tell of all the marvelous things you have done. I will be filled with joy because of you. I will sing praises to your name, O Most High! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment