Saturday, May 28, 2011

Face to Face

But because I have done what is right, I will see you. When I awake, I will be satisfied, for I will see you face to face. Psalm 17:15 NLT

What does it take to be able to see God?

If you do what is right, you will see God. This means following God's commandments, avoiding sin and staying on God's path (see verses 3-4). It also means not focusing on earthly gain nor being cruel. So, in order to see God, one must focus on God.

What does it mean to see God?

It means to be awake, to be fully conscious. I suppose this also indicates that we are like sleep walkers right now. When we come to see God fully, we will actually wake up. Right now we are like those who dream.

We will also be fully satisfied when we come face to face with God. I imagine that includes having no doubts, having all our questions and curiosity answered, and being content.

God, we look forward to the day when we will see you face to face and be fully awake. Help us to continue to follow you on the path you have set before us. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment