Friday, July 15, 2011

God's Path

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Psalm 25: 4-5 NLT

I love the image of following a path. It is an image that I come back to again and again. To follow the path that God calls me to walk is my own personal goal.

I have to admit I am not very good at staying on this path. I am always finding my own way to travel, getting glimpses of better kept and easier roads much of the time. Or I am trying to blaze my own trail in the wilderness when God actually has a simpler route in mind.

The psalmist simply asks God to show them the way. The way for them is to follow God's truth, God's teaching, God's salvation and God's hope. Seems easy enough, right?

Why then do you and I find ourselves so far from God's path so often I in our lives?

Show me the path where I should walk, O Lord; point out the right road for me to follow. Lead me by your truth and teach me, for you are the God who saves me. All day long I put my hope in you. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment