Saturday, July 16, 2011

With the Eyes of Love

Remember, O Lord, your unfailing love and compassion, which you have shown from long ages past. Forgive the rebellious sins of my youth; look instead through the eyes of your unfailing love, for you are merciful, O Lord. Psalm 25:6-7 NLT

If you have either a child or a pet, you know how hard it is to discipline them. Perhaps some of us love our pets so much that discipline has gone out the window. Hopefully, we have not done the same for our children. In either case, we have eyes of love for our furry and not furry children. Even when they do something really bad, we still love them.

God is the same about us. God loves us even when we do bad things. God loves us even when we try to leave God. For the most part, we get better about these things as we age.

The psalmist seems to be having a crisis of guilt. Perhaps the psalmist has done something in the past that he does not want to be judged on in the present. God is being gently reminded of God's own unfailing love, compassion and mercy. God, please forget my stupid rebelliousness of my youth. Have mercy on me and see how I am right now. Just look at me with eyes of love and I know I will be okay.

Can you think of a time in your past where you did something totally against God? Have you asked God to forgive you? God does see with eyes of unfailing love!

God, please forget my stupid rebelliousness of my past. Have mercy on me and see how I am right now. Just look at me with eyes of love and I know I will be okay. In Jesus' name. Amen.


Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment