Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Plans? What Plans?


The Lord shatters the plans of the nations and thwarts all their schemes. But the Lord's plans stand firm forever; his intentions can never be shaken. What joy for the nation whose God is the Lord, whose people he has chosen for his own. Psalm 33: 10-11 NLT

What are your plans?

I was recently asked by my superior how long I wanted to serve my current church. I could have given the number of years that I felt would look good or be appropriate. However, I told him honestly that I was willing to serve as long as God was calling me there.

Perhaps I was acting out today's verses.

God's plans will always overthrow our own or those of entire countries. God's intentions and plans are firm.

Our plans are simply subject to how they fit into God's intentions. That doesn't mean we should not make any plans. But it does mean that we need to allow for God to intervene, change, and reformat our present and future plans. We should embrace God's plan with joy.

God, your plans stand forever. Your intentions are firm. May we claim you as our Lord and have joy rather than anger when our own plans are thwarted or shattered by your own. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment