Monday, August 29, 2011

Taste and see!


Taste and see that the Lord is good. Oh, the joys of those who trust in him! Let the Lord's people show him reverence, for those who honor him will have all they need. Even strong young lions sometimes go hungry, but those who trust in the Lord will never lack any good thing. Psalm 34: 8-10 NLT

Are you hungry yet?

Taste and see... all you need...young lions go hungry...never lack any good thing.

What is for supper at your house tonight or (if it is late) tomorrow night? Still need to go to the grocery? Wondering if there is enough in the bank account to cover what is needed?

The psalmist tells us to trust God so much that we will trust that God will provide even the food we need to eat.

I don't know if I am willing to trust God for my next meal. What I mean to say is that I want more control over my food. I plan ahead. My husband and I write out a menu each week and we try not to go to the store more than once a week (we usually have to make at least one other trip). I know where my next meal is coming from.

But if God is so good, why can't I trust God more with my food? Do I doubt that God will not make sure I have every good thing that I need? How can I increase my trust when it comes to what I put into my mouth?

God, you are good. You promise that those who give you honor will have everything they need – including enough good things to eat. Yet, God, I have not yet reached the point of trusting in you that much. I pray for a deeper trust even though I am scared of what might happen. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment