Monday, August 22, 2011

Trust


For the word of the Lord holds true, and everything he does is worthy of our trust. He loves whatever is just and good, and his unfailing love fills the earth. Psalm 33: 4-5 NLT

God's word holds true and we can trust God. God is worthy of being trusted.

Who in your life do you trust right now?

Over the past few years, I have found myself trusting the leaders of my denomination less and less. I don't trust them enough to share with them what is really going on with me and with my life. I have seen too many people stabbed in the back or run over or treated like business associates rather than Christians.

Makes me wonder how much people trust me. I try my best to be someone that holds confidences. I think I do pretty well in that department but I probably could do even better. I try not to gossip or speak ill of someone who is not present. I know that I fail miserably.

God loves what is just and good. God loves us when we can be trusted. Perhaps if we all trusted God more we could be trustworthy as well.

God, everything you do is worthy of our trust. Help us to be just, good and trustworthy ourselves. May we trust in you. In Jesus' name.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment