Saturday, September 3, 2011

God Looks On


Then I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be glad because he rescues me. I will praise him from the bottom of my heart: “Lord, who can compare with you? Who else rescues the weak and helpless from the strong? Who else protects the poor and needy from those who want to rob them?” Psalm 35: 9-10 NLT

I recently read an article on the internet about a man in Arkansas that decided to take aerial pictures of his home. While in the plane, he looked down and saw two men robbing his house! He called the police and a relative and even followed them in the plane, giving the police directions on how to find the fleeing robbers on a country road.

These verses reminded me of that story. In a way, I suppose that is how God follows us. God looks down and sees those who are helpless being taken advantage of and provides ways for them to be rescued. No one else sees or notices. But God has a great vantage point and can see even those things we and others want to keep hidden.

Then I will rejoice in the Lord. I will be glad because he rescues me. I will praise him from the bottom of my heart: “Lord, who can compare with you? Who else rescues the weak and helpless from the strong? Who else protects the poor and needy from those who want to rob them?” In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment