Tuesday, September 6, 2011

How long, O Lord?


How long, O Lord, will you look on and do nothing? Rescue me from their fierce attacks. Protect my life from these lions! Then I will thank you in front of the entire congregation. I will praise you before all the people. Psalm 35: 17-18 NLT

Okay, so God, why aren't you doing anything in this situation?

You know, if you just do something like, perhaps, completely coming to my rescue, removing all these obstacles from me and saving me from all these awful troubles.

Then, you know what, God? Then I will go to church and get up in front of everyone and praise you.

Yep.

Gonna praise you in front of everyone.

But only if you save me first.

Just do something, God, and I'll praise you!

God, you want our praises. And we should praise you even if you don't answer our prayers. Even when you look on and do nothing. Even when we are not rescued, we should stand in front of the people and praise your name. We praise you, God! In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment