Wednesday, September 28, 2011

You Know What I Long For

You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh. My heart beats wildly, my strength fails and I am going blind. My loved ones and friends stay away, fearing my disease. Even my own family stands at a distance. Meanwhile, my enemies lay traps for me; they make plans to ruin me. They think up treacherous deeds all day long. But I am deaf to all their threats. I am silent before them as one who cannot speak. I choose to hear nothing, and I make no reply. Psalm 38: 9-14 NLT

There are times in our lives when we feel very lonely. It may seem if all our friends have deserted us. We may miss our family. Only those who are out to get us seem to be paying us any attention.

In these times, sometimes it is best to turn a deaf ear to those people. Don't listen to their threats. Don't say a word, either in anger or in frustration. Be silent. In fact, don't even hear what they have to say. Don't respond. Be as deaf and quiet as a rock.

God knows what we truly long for. God hears our pain and our silent prayers. God has not left or abandoned us. God can give us the strength to make it through.

You know what I long for, Lord; you hear my every sigh. I am eternally grateful. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment