Sunday, October 16, 2011

From the Cross

Day and night, I have only tears for food, while my enemies continually taunt me saying, Where is this God of yours? My heart is breaking as I remember how it used to be: I walked among the crowds of worshippers, leading a great procession to the house of God, singing for joy and giving thanks – it was the sound of a great celebration! Psalm 42: 3-4 NLT

When reading these verses, my mind immediately goes to the cross. Typically, I should be thinking of Jesus on the cross when I read verse nine. However, when I hear that the enemies are taunting the one speaking, I think of Jesus being taunted while he hung on the cross. “Where is this God of yours? If you are the Messiah, get down from there! Why doesn't God come and help you?”

Then he thinks of just the other day, coming in with palm branches waving and the people shouting “Hosannah!” He was leading the procession to the house of God. Everyone was giving thanks and shouting for joy. There was a great celebration.

How quickly does our situation change! Have you ever gone from Palm Sunday to Good Friday in your own life journey?

God, we remember how it used to be – whether years or even days ago. Our situation in life can change in an instant. We are grateful that you are with us wherever we are and whatever our situation becomes. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment