Thursday, October 6, 2011

Say It Out Loud

I have told people about your justice. I have not been afraid to speak out, as you, O Lord, well know. I have not kept this good news hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness. Psalm 40: 9-10 NLT

In this politically correct day and age, how often do you speak of God's faithfulness and saving power? I don't mean just acting nice or Christ-like. How often do you say it? Out loud?

Or do you keep it to yourself, scared that someone might get their feelings hurt or you might lose your job? Or better yet, that someone will make fun of you for being all religious do-goody?

God knows. God knows when you are too afraid to speak out. God knows when you are embarrassed and keep silent. God knows when you keep what God has done for you to yourself.

Do you think God is pleased about your silence?

Perhaps now is the time to open your mouth and praise God – in front of other people.

God, I am afraid of praising you because of the possible consequences. Help me to see the consequences with our relationship if I don't speak out. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment