Wednesday, October 5, 2011

What God Wants from You

You take no delight in sacrifices or offerings. Now that you have made me listen, I finally understand – you don't require burnt offerings or sin offerings. Then I said, “Look I have come. And this has been written about me in your scroll: I take joy in doing your will, my God, for your law is written on my heart.” Psalm 40: 6-8 NLT

What does God really want from you?

Does God want you to go to church regularly? Pay your tithes? Fast? Give up the things that can lead you to sinful behavior? Do mission work? Give to the food pantry?

None of the above.

What God desires is for you to do his will. And you will when God's law is written on your heart. You might then do those other things but those are not the most important.

That is why Jesus said that the greatest commandment is to love God with everything we have and our neighbor as ourselves.

God, you take no delight in my sacrifices or my tithing. You want me to hear what you really want: my heart. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment