Friday, October 7, 2011

Trouble Surround Me

Lord, don't hold back your tender mercies from me. My only hope is in your unfailing love and faithfulness. For troubles surround me – too many to count! They pile up so high I can't see my way out. They are more numerous than the hairs on my head. I have lost all my courage. Psalm 40: 11-12 NLT

Today, my spouse was running late and feeling overwhelmed. Being in a bad mood just doesn't begin to describe what was happening. At one point he turned to me, lifted his hand high about his head and said, “Things are just piling up to here right now!”

He was like the psalmist in these verses.

Troubles had piled up so high that he couldn't see his way out.

Are you feeling that way right now? Is your to do list so long that you need and index? Are all your family members expecting multiple things from you right now? Are you overwhelmed at work? Are your finances looking gloomier than ever? Are your troubles more than the hairs on your head?

Have you lost all your courage?

Then, let us pray:

God, don't hold back your mercies from us. Our only hope is in your unfailing love and faithfulness. Give us courage, dear Lord, and take these feelings of being overwhelmed away from us. Show us your way and what is truly important. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment