Thursday, November 10, 2011

God has Spoken

The mighty God, the Lord, has spoken; he has summoned all humanity from east to west! From Mount Zion, the perfection of beauty, God shines In glorious radiance. Our God approaches with the noise of thunder. Fire devours everything in his way, and a great storm rages around him. Heaven and earth will be his witnesses as he judges his people: “Bring my faithful people to me – those who made a covenant with me by giving sacrifices.” Then let the heavens proclaim his justice, for God himself will be the judge. Psalm 50: 1-6 NLT

I am trying to picture this scene: God has summoned all of humanity. God is ready to judge all of them. God shines in great radiance. God makes the noise of a great storm. Fire marks God's path. God asks for those who have been following his covenant by making sacrifices. All of the sky proclaims God's justice.

I am kind of scared at this point. I a going to be judged. Will I pass? Make the mark? Will God see something in me or an action I have done (or haven't done) that will cause God to punish me? How faithful have I been?

How faithful have you been? What will God see when you come before his throne?

All I can say is that I throw myself on the mercy of God through Jesus Christ. May Christ's blood and atonement cover my many sins. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment