Friday, November 11, 2011

I am God, Your God!

“O my people, listen as I speak. Here are my charges against you, O Israel: I am God, your God! I have no complaint about your sacrifices or the burnt offerings you constantly bring to my altar. But I want no more bulls from your barns; I want no more goats from your pens. For all the animals of the forest are mine, and I own the cattle on a thousand hills. Every bird of the mountains and all the animals of the field belong to me. If I were hungry, I would not mention it to you, for all the world is mine and everything in it. I don't need the bulls you sacrifice, I don't need the blood of goats. What I want instead is your true thanks to God; I want you to fulfill your vows to the Most High. Trust me in your times of trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give me glory.” Psalm 50: 7-15 NLT

I don't have anything against the animals that you are killing on the altar. But I have enough of that. In fact, all animals are mine. If I were hungry, would I even have to mention it to you or depend on you? What I want instead is true thankfulness from you. Fulfill to me the things you have promised to do. Trust me. I will rescue you and you will give me glory, not sacrifices.

I don't have anything against your tithe or your offering. But I have enough of that. In fact, all the world's mine in the first place. Would I tell you if I needed something or would it just happen? I want instead your thanks, your trust, your promises and vows fulfilled. Then, when you are in trouble I will save you and you will give me glory.

God, may we be truly thankful, trust in you and give you glory. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2011 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment