Thursday, February 16, 2012

How Often do I Praise God?

But I will keep on hoping for your help; I will praise you more and more. I will tell everyone about your righteousness. All day long I will proclaim your saving power, though I am not skilled with words. I will praise your mighty deeds, O Sovereign Lord. I will tell everyone that you alone are just. Psalm 71: 14-16 NLT

Okay, I cannot say that I am not skilled with words. Writing comes fairly easily to me. I can speak well in public. But how often am I praising God and giving God the glory?

I recently had the opportunity to be interviewed for a local news cast. Instead of praising God for allowing me to witness on television, I have focused on being seen on the news. “Did you see me on the news?” sadly became the first words out of my mouth for about a week. When not many people had seen me, I eventually shut up. I would have been better off spending my time telling God thanks for allowing me to witness and be seen. I would have been better praising God for the opportunity to share what God has put on my heart.

How about you? Where have you needed to give God the glory but didn't?

God, I will praise you more and more. I will praise your mighty deeds. I will tell everyone that you alone are just. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment