Friday, February 17, 2012

Proclaim to the New Generation

O God, you have taught me from my earliest childhood, and I constantly tell others about the wonderful things you do. Now that I am old and gray, do not abandon me, O God. Let me proclaim your power to this new generation, your mighty miracles to all who come after me. Psalm 71: 17-18 NLT

So, how is the older generation in your church or family doing in proclaiming God's mighty miracles? How often do they witness to either teens or children?

Or are the generations being shuffled off to their age appropriate activities? Did the children's table morph into the teen table? Are the college agers even at home or at church during the holidays? And if the two groups come together, who is doing the witnessing and who is being silent?

Where can you help different generations to come together and learn from one another? How can you create an atmosphere where younger generations can respect and listen to the older generations proclaim God's mighty miracles?

O God, let your power be proclaimed to this new generation, so that they know of the mighty miracles you have done. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment