Saturday, February 18, 2012

Who Can Compare?

Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the hightest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare to you, O God? You have allowed me to suffer much hardship, but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. You will restore me to even greater honor and comfort me ocne again. Psalm 71: 19-21 NLT

We do not worship a God of prosperity. We worship a God who loves us and redeems us and provides us with what we need. God will allow hardships to come in our lives. But God also is capable of restoring our honor and our comfort (not our power or riches). It is not that God minds when we prosper but that is not what God is about. In fact, if we are given more we are expected to do more!

Is there any human on this earth today that can compare to God?

Why, then, do we spend so much time on our own prosperity and less time to give God glory and thanksgiving?

Your righteousness, O God, reaches to the hightest heavens. You have done such wonderful things. Who can compare to you, O God? In Jesus' holy name I pray. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment