Saturday, August 4, 2012

Remember me


Remember me, Lord, when you show favor to your people; come near and rescue me. Let me share in the prosperity of your chosen ones. Let me rejoice in the joy of your people; let me praise you with those who are your heritage. Psalm 106: 4-5 NLT 
I hate being left out. I think it comes from growing up as a shy only child. I never figured out how to ask to be included in other groups and often found myself left out or becoming the third wheel. Also, I was never very athletic so that did not help. I was usually one of the last being chosen for team games like kickball. 
Did I mention how much I dislike being left out?
So it is not surprising that I want to be included in God’s favor, mercy and blessings. 
The psalmist also wants to be included in God’s blessings. He wants to be one of the ones praising God and joining in the joy of being a part of God’s chosen people. 
How about you? How much do you want to be a part of God’s people? Do you really want to be one of God’s chosen? Do you want God to remember you when you need to be rescued? Do you want to rejoice in the joy of God’s people? 
God, remember me when you show favor to your people; come near and rescue me. Let me share in the prosperity of your chosen ones. Let me rejoice in the joy of your people; let me praise you with those who are your heritage. In Jesus’ name I pray. Amen.
Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment