Saturday, September 22, 2012

I believed in you


I believed in you, so I said,  "I am deeply troubled, Lord." In my anxiety I cried out to you,  "These people are all liars!" What can I offer the Lord for all he has done for me? I will lift up the cup of salvation  and praise the Lord's name for saving me. I will keep my promises to the Lord  in the presence of all his people. Psalm 116:10-14 NLT 
On the one hand, there is nothing you can offer to God for all God has done for you. God doesn’t want your payment or work. 
On the other hand, there are some things that God does want. 
God wants your heart. God wants you to praise God. God wants you to keep your promises that you make to God in front of witnesses. These things are not in payment for what God does for you. These are in response for all God has done for you. God hears you when you are deeply troubled and surrounded by liars. God wants you to praise him despite your anxiety and those who are around you. 
God, I will praise your holy name for saving me. I will keep my promises to you in the presence of your people. I love you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Copyright Amelia G. Sims 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment