Saturday, September 29, 2012

We will rejoice and be glad in it

Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the Lord. These gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there. I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory! The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone. This is the Lord's doing, and it is wonderful to see. This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it. Psalm 118: 19-24 NLT

These verses almost read as if this is a conversation.

Psalmist (approaching the door to the church): Open for me the gates where the righteous enter, and I will go in and thank the Lord.

Gatekeeper (with authority): These gates lead to the presence of the Lord, and the godly enter there.

Psalmist (not waiting to get in): I thank you for answering my prayer and giving me victory!

Gatekeeper (amazed at what he sees): The stone that the builders rejected has now become the cornerstone!

Psalmist (admitting God's help):This is the Lord's doing, and it is wonderful to see.

Gatekeeper (beginning the call to worship): This is the day the Lord has made.

Psalmist (in worshipful response): We will rejoice and be glad in it.

God, sometimes I am that gatekeeper. I am trying to keep everyone else from you. At other times I am the psalmist, trying desperately to get to that space where I can praise you. Help me to not keep those who need to be near you far from you. Help me to praise you wherever I am. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2012 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment