Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Feeling Brokenhearted

Praise the Lord! How good to sing praises to our God! How delightful and how fitting! The Lord is rebuilding Jerusalem and bringing the exiles back to Israel. He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. He counts the stars and calls them by name. How great is our Lord! His power is absolute! His understanding is beyond comprehension! The Lord supports the humble, but he brings the wicked down into the dust. Psalm 147: 1-6 NLT

I am hanging on to the fact that God heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds. I guess I am feeling a bit brokenhearted today. You wouldn't know it by the smile on my face (fake) or the clothes I am wearing (nice). But inside, I am torn to pieces.

I am depending on God's strength and healing power. I need to have God's bandages on my wounds right now. I need God's medicine and God's nursing to get me back to health. I am confident that God understands where I am and what has happened in my own life.

I don't think I am into the enthusiastic praise that is coming from the lips of the psalmist today, but I know I will again praise God. I know that when God heals me from the inside out that I will again be among those shouting God's praises.

What are you hanging on today in this scripture?

God, you are so good. You rebuild, heal, bandage, name, understand and support us. We give you thanks and praise. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Copyright 2013 Amelia G. Sims

No comments:

Post a Comment